Young Investigator Communication Workshop
The deadline to apply for the Young Investigator Communication Workshop has now passed and notifications have been sent.
About the Workshop
The 2016 WCLC Local Organizing Committee is organizing a young investigator communications workshop prior to the 2016 WCLC Conference. The workshop will address how to structure and deliver effective presentations on clinical research, and how to deal with resulting questions effectively. The workshop will comprise two teaching lectures by a lead coach. These will be entertaining and will simultaneously teach and illustrate the principles under discussion. After each lecture participants will break into groups to engage in interactive practical exercises. Every delegate will be expected to participate, including giving a presentation.
How to Apply for the Workshop
1. The candidate must be the first author and presenter of a submitted and accepted abstract
2. Applications of interested delegates must include a CV as well as two recommendation letters from IASLC members and will be reviewed by the Local Organizing Committee for final approval and selection.
Please note that successful applicants will be informed by October 31, 2016.
Successful application includes:
– Complimentary Registration to the workshop and the World Conference on Lung Cancer
– 850 Euro cash award to help offset travel expenses
– Up to four (4) night’s accommodation
Date: Saturday, December 3, 2016
Time: 08:00 – 16:00
Location: Schubert 1 & Schubert 2, Level 1, Messe Wien Exhibition & Congress Center
Please note that the session information is subject to change.