Call For Volunteers
Why should you volunteer?
- Unique opportunity to make a contribution to the community
- Get an insider’s view of being part of an event
- Gain useful job experience and satisfaction
- Meet like-minded people as well as the leading medical experts in the fields of lung cancer and
- thoracic oncology
- Identify possibilities for personal skills development
- Strengthen your CV
In return for volunteer services the IASLC WCLC gladly offers the following benefits::
- Complimentary food & beverage during volunteer shifts, including evening social events
- Complimentary admission to the Conference
- A Certificate of Participation
You are required to:
- Commit to at least one 7 hour shift on two consecutive days (total of 14 hours)
- Agree to wear black shoes, pants/skirt and a Volunteer T-Shirt (Shirt provided by the Conference)
- Speak fluent English
- Attend a mandatory training session on Friday, December 2 (not applicable if you sign up for the Conference Bag preparation on November 30 + December 1)
Times are subject to change and may vary based on your role. You are required to commit to at least one 7 hour shift on two consecutive days (total of 14 hours)
- Greeter/Hostess for Conference venue
Welcome attendees at the Conference venue: offer directional assistance, hand out newspaper, etc.
- Greeter/Hostess for Scientific Sessions, Session Room Monitor
Ensure the smooth running of the session, assisting the speaker where required, session attendance tracking, etc.
- Registration Desk Representative
Supporting the Registration Desk
Register participants for the Conference, distribute Conference bags, etc.
- Exhibit Hall and Poster Session Representative
Assist poster presenters where required
Provide assistance to delegates in the Exhibit Hall
If you have any questions about volunteering please email the Conference Manager, Matthew Bennett, at wclc2016 at icsevents.com