Call for Abstracts
Abstract Submission for WCLC 2016 is NOW CLOSED.
Abstract Notifications have been sent to the presenting authors on September 14, 2016. If you did not receive your notifications, please contact wclc2016-abstracts at icsevents.com.
The Core Program and Regional Organizing Committee for the IASLC 17th World Conference on Lung Cancer are inviting the submission of scientific abstracts. Authors are asked to submit abstracts under one of the following categories:
- Epidemiology/Tobacco Control & Cessation/Prevention
- Early Stage NSCLC
- Locally Advanced NSCLC
- Advanced NSCLC
- SCLC/Neuroendocrine Tumors
- Mesothelioma/Thymic Malignancies/Esophageal Cancer/Other Thoracic Malignancies
- Chemotherapy/Targeted Therapy/Immunotherapy
- Palliative Care/Ethics
- Trial Design/Statistics
- Regional Aspects/Health Policy/Public Health
- Scientific Co-operation (Clinical Trials in Progress are to be submitted under this category)
- Patient Support & Advocacy Groups
|Abstract Submission Open||February 22, 2016|
|Abstract Submission Deadline|
|Author Notification of Acceptance||September 14, 2016|
|Late-Breaking Abstract Submission Deadline||October 15, 2016|
|Presenting Author Registration Deadline||October 21, 2016|
Clinical Trials In Progress
- The Conference will also accept submissions of abstracts on Clinical Trials in Progress
- They should be submitted in the submission category ‘Scientific Co-operation/Research Group’
- Abstracts will be accepted in English only
- An international panel of reviewers will review all abstracts anonymously
- There is no fee for submitting an abstract
- There is no limit to the number of abstracts you may submit (however an individual may not be offered more than 2 oral presentations)
- All Abstracts accepted by the Scientific Committee will be published in the Journal of Thoracic Oncology (JTO) and the Conference website prior to the meeting and it is mandatory to agree to this at the time of submission
Step 1. Title & Topic
- The abstract title must not exceed 125 characters in length; this includes spaces.
Step 2. Authors
- The presenting author of an accepted abstract must be registered by October 21, 2016
- There is no limit to the number of co-authors per abstract
- Financial Disclosure information needs to be completed for EACH co-author at the time of submission through the online abstract submission form; however, information can be provided by the submitting author
- The submitter can view the status of co-author disclosures by clicking on ‘Authors’ sections of the abstract. Those with incomplete disclosures are denoted in red
- If you would like an assistant or other person to receive notifications regarding the status of an abstract, please enter their email address on the text field provided below the list of co-authors
- Please note your preferred presentation format. If you would not be comfortable giving an oral presentation, please select Poster Only. NOTE: Selecting Poster/Oral does not guarantee you will be assigned an oral abstract presentation upon acceptance; the final presentation type is determined by the International Scientific Abstract Review Committee
Step 3. Disclosure
ALL abstract co-authors are expected to disclose to the program audience any/all relevant financial relationships related to the content of their presentation. Kindly note that all disclosures can be submitted by the submitter on behalf of the co-authors. The submitter will NOT be able to finish the abstract submission process without the disclosures of all co-authors. Please see below list of disclosure questions that will be asked during the abstract submission process.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Per CME guidelines, industry employees cannot present an abstract if the content of the abstract relates to business lines or products of their employer.
- Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships:
The author must disclose all entities producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients, with which the author/the author’s spouse/partner have, or have had, a relevant financial relationship within the past 12 months. The ACCME does not consider providers of clinical service directly to patients to be commercial interests.
If the author has a relevant financial relationship, please provide the nature of relevant financial relationship as well as the name of company(s).
- Presentation(s) Content: Faculty responsibility:
The author warrants that nothing in their presentation is libelous or will infringe the rights of any third party. The author also warrants that for any third party materials incorporated into their presentation, they have obtained all necessary permission from the copyright owner of such material. Upon request, the author agrees to furnish copies of said permission(s) to IASLC. The author is responsible for all fees, royalties and other charges for the use of materials. The author shall indemnify IASLC for all damages, costs and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, incurred by IASLC as a result of a violation of this paragraph.
Presentations must give a balanced view of therapeutic options. Use of generic names will contribute to this impartiality. If the CME educational material or content includes trade names, where available trade names from several companies should be used, not just trade names from a single company.
The author must read and agree to the statements above.
- Tobacco Related Remuneration:
The author or an immediate family member of the author in the past ten years received trips, travel, gifts, or other in-kind payments not directly related to research activities, research funding or other funding in an entity having an investment, licensing, or other commercial interest in tobacco or tobacco products.
The author or an immediate family member of the author in the past ten years received research funding, honoraria, gifts etc. from an entity funded directly by an entity having an investment, licensing or other commercial interest in tobacco or tobacco products.
If the author has a tobacco related remuneration to disclose, please specify the entity, relationship and the amount of compensation.
Step 4. Abstract Text
- Do not include Title or Author data in the body of your abstract (There are specific places for Title and Author)
- Abstracts may be entered directly into the site or copied and pasted
- Research work should be original and innovative. Work can be presented prior to the IASLC 17th WCLC, but MUST include new information/data
- Abstracts must not exceed 400 words in length (not including title and authors)
- Tables may be included and each will count as 100 words
- A maximum of 2 images may be included; each will count as 100 words
- Tables, images and graphs must be uploaded in JPG or TIFF format at 300 dpi and 100% size. Any higher resolution is acceptable.
- Abstracts must be structured with the following:
Step 5. Preview & Submit
- Please proofread your submission prior to submitting
- Once submitted, you will no longer be able to make edits to the abstract. If you need to make changes prior to the submission deadline, please contact us at wclc2016-abstracts at icsevents.com
- Please carefully review the affiliation of all your co-authors as this is how it will appear in the JTO and as well as the IASLC WCLC 2016 Scientific Program
Late-Breaking Abstract Submission
- In order for an abstract to be considered for Late Breaking Abstract status, the submitting author must submit a place holder (including author information and disclosure) abstract before the extended July 21, 2016, deadline
- The results and conclusion can be omitted but the type of data that will be presented in the Late-Breaking Abstract must be described as well as why Late-Breaking status is required
- If you wish to apply for late breaking privileges, you must submit an abstract by the extended submission deadline July 21, 2016
- To apply for late breaking privileges you must sent an email to wclc2016-abstracts at icsevents.com, indicating your abstract ID number and explaining why data is not yet available and when you expect it to become available
- The Core Program Committee will then review your abstract and application. If your application is approved you will be notified and instructed on how to submit your new data by the end of September 2016
For any inquiries, please contact wclc2016-abstracts at icsevents.com. If your inquiry is regarding a particular draft or submission, please include the abstract ID in your email.